Valentine’s Day is one month away! Get ready for your date or ladie’s night by grabbing a red blush for a natural flush look.
A helpful hint: find reds that are leaning more towards a deeper, berry color or true reds instead of a pinky reds.
- Make Beauty Matte Finish Powder Blush in “Cinnabar”: An intense crimson with a red undertone ($25)
- RMS Beauty LIP2CHEEK in “Beloved”: A true red with just a hint of poppy to suit all skin tones ($36)
- Seraphine Botanicals Vegan Berry Tint – 44.8% Natural Liquid Blush for Lips & Cheeks: A berry red ($18)
- ILIA Multi-Stick in “Cheek to Cheek”: A warm red ($34)
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Lip & Cheek Tint in “Cranberry Glow”: A true red ($26)
- Real Purity Powder Blush in “Indian Dust”: A medium red with gold and yellow undertones ($15)
To be honest, I thought dry shampoo was for women with straight hair instead of curly-haired women who once in a while straighten their hair. It wasn’t until last night at the salon a woman suggested I should use dry shampoo to prolong my style.
So for the natural girls out there who want to keep their straight style longer with the benefit of clean hair, I got you!
LEFT TO RIGHT:
Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Nourish & Silken Dry Shampoo $12.00
This rose infused dry shampoo absorbs oils and impurities in a refreshing alternative to conventional shampoos. Adds volume at the roots.
Captain Blankenship Mermaid Dry Shampoo $24.00
A miracle worker. Our talc-free dry shampoo is the perfect solution to lifeless, unwashed hair. A powerful combination of powders absorbs oil, adds volume and gives life to your hair, plus it smells amazing. Sprinkle a little in whenever your hair needs an instant pick me up.
Lulu Organics Hair Powder $30.00 (comes in 3 different scents)
An all organic, TALC-FREE hair powder for hair on days of unwash. This silky powder is perfect for on-the-go styling and leaves your hair smelling as fresh as a day one wash. Sprinkle a dime size amount of powder into your hands and rub through the roots of your dry hair.
Green & Gorgeous Organics $30.00 (comes in 3 types for all hair types!)
Our line of organic dry shampoo is created without the use of toxic chemicals or GMO’s.
Nubian Heritage Honey & Black Seed Dry Shampoo $16
Our sulfate-free, non-aerosol dry shampoo naturally absorbs excess oils and build up to cleanse, lift at the roots and volumize on the go and without rinsing for a fuller, healthier look.
Hi everyone! I am now vblogging and will try to keep up my schedule with posting here a little better!
Below are the links to my YouTube videos so far:
Differences between moisturizers, serums, and facial oils
TOP 8 Vegan & Cruelty-free Foundations for POC
I am currently making a new video now! Happy Labor Day!
While I personally don’t wear faux lashes, I will admit I find them very beautiful; almost artistic for faux lashes can change your whole look in a matter of minutes. Now, being new to faux lashes, I just assumed that these lashes were cruelty-free. What else can they be made out of???
But sure enough, faux lashes are can be made from mink fur. While many companies stated their lashes are “cruelty-free mink lashes”, for these minks are free-ranging and are brushed daily to have their fur extracted. I find that hard to believe. So, it is better to be safe than sorry in this case.
While shopping for faux lashes, look for either synthetic materials or even human hair for realistic-looking lashes. Below are five companies who have ditched mink lashes for ethical-friendly ones.
- e.l.f. Flirtatious Luxe Lash Kit ($4)
- NYX Wicked Lashes ($5)
- Sugarpill Precious False Lashes ($7)
- Tarteist PRO Cruelty-Free Lashes – Flirt ($12)
- HAUT Cosmetics Bedhead Lashes ($14.95)
Happy Summer Solstice to everyone! After a long break, I have finally found some time to sit down and write.
Since summer is officially here, I decided to discuss (once again!) the importance of finding the right sunscreen. There are sunscreens for everything, but these sunscreens are special, for these protectors are designed to not only shield the skin from UVA & UVB rays but also, prep the skin for makeup application. This means filling in those fine lines and wrinkles, diminishing pores, and moisturizing dry areas–without the white film.
Happy shopping for I found sunscreens for all budgets~
- Kiss My Face Sunscreen – Face Factor SPF 30 $12.95. Vegan-Friendly. Best For: Dry Skin.
- Goddess Garden FACE THE DAY – Sunscreen & Firming Primer $17.99. Vegan-Friendly. Best For: Mature Skin.
- Andalou Naturals ARGAN STEM CELL BB BENEFIT BALM UN-TINTED SPF 30 $19.95. Vegan-Friendly. Best For: Oily/ Blemish-prone skin.
- Badger Damascus Rose SPF 25 Face Sunscreen Lotion with Lavender & Chamomile $19.99. Best For: Delicate/Sensitive skin.
- Babo Botanicals Daily Sheer Facial Sunscreen SPF 40 – Fragrance Free $20.95. Best For: Delicate/ Sensitive Skin.
- DeVita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ $25.95. Vegan-Friendly. Best For: Blemish-Prone Skin.
- Mámbino Organics SPF 30 Face Mineral Sunscreen $28.95. Best For: Oily Skin.
- Coola Daydream™ SPF 30 Mineral Primer $42.00. Vegan-Friendly. Best For: All Skin types.
- Suntegrity NATURAL MOISTURIZING FACE SUNSCREEN & PRIMER, BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30 $45.00. Vegan-Friendly. Best For: All Skin types.
- Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield $65.00. Best For: Mature Skin.
Being a Women of Color, I have experienced a lot of heartache when choosing foundations. My foundations are either too light, too dark, too ashy, too SOMETHING. But my biggest problem is finding companies that carry my shade at all. Even though it is 2017, there are still companies that do not carry a diversity of shades or tones. To make matters worse, many vegan and cruelty-free lines do not even bother to add deeper colors, leaving Women and Men of Color little to no choice but to use foundations created funky chemicals.
But does that mean there aren’t ANY companies making shades for Women and Men of Color? OF COURSE THEY ARE!
Below are 20 companies I have researched or used that I believe have a lovely selection of shades to fit anyone and everyone.
* = VEGAN-FRIENDLY
Continue reading “20 Best Vegan + Cruelty-free Foundations for Women of Color”
Bronzers are an amazing product. You can use them as a blush, a contouring powder, a highlighter, or even as eyeshadow. However, some bronzers on the market are not designed for Women (and Men) of Color. These bronzers tend to be too light causing an ashy appearance on darker skintones.
These bronzers listed below are for darker-skinned beauties looking for a fresh look this Spring and Summer.
* = VEGAN-FRIENDLY
- Wet n’ Wild Color Icon Bronzer SPF 15 in Bikini Contest ($4)
- Colourpop Bronzer Bronze Me ($8) *
- Milani Baked Bronzer in Dolce ($9)
- Shea Moisture Illuminating Mineral Bronzer ($15)
- W3LL People Bio Bronzer ($22)
- Lily Lolo Bronzer in Honolulu ($26) *
- Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed ($28) *
- TARTE Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer in Hotel Heiress ($30) *
- Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer ($30) *
- 100% Pure Cocoa Pigment Bronzer Cocoa Glow ($35) *
It has been 11 days since the official start of Spring. With that said, it is time to switch those dark eyeshadow palettes for bright colors that can be mixed and matched to create eye-catching looks this season.
- Juvia’s Place Nubian 2 Eyeshadow Palette ($35)
- Features 4 matte and 8 metallic shades
- Honeybee Gardens Party Girl Palette ($30)
- Wet N’ Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette Art in the Streets ($4)
- Kat Von D Pastel Goth Eyeshadow Palette ($38) VEGAN.
- NYX Cosmetics Ultimate Shadow Palette Brights ($18)
- Features 10 matte and 6 shimmer shades
Hello everyone! So, in the next few weeks, I am going to update my previous posts. My goal for the changes are to:
- Update information on products
- Clearly label items that are vegan-friendly
- Edit photos
- Update company list
- Update Black-owned company list
Thanks everyone for supporting me and being patient!
It has been a while since I’ve posted, but I figured now that I am writing again to dedicate this post to men (and all thanks to my boyfriend who suggested this post!).
When it comes to fragrances, it is always best to choose scents that subtle for the workplace. These scents should have a balance of citrus and musks that deliver an aura of power. Below are 5 vegan scents for men that are work-friendly.
- Harvey Prince BIG Eau De Parfum ($28-$57)
- Jack Black JB Eau De Parfum ($72)
- One Seed Solitude Organic Eau de Cologne ($65)
- Earth’s Purities Pure for Him Eau de Cologone No.1 ($25)
- Vanessa Megan Citrus & Spice Natural Cologne ($35)