I remember when the Urban Decay NAKED palette hit the market. Every blogger and pinterest board out there had a tutorial about how to accomplish the perfect smokey eye. While Urban Decay (a cruelty-free and vegan company) has evolve their palettes, other companies have jumped on the bandwagon and created their own. Luckily, some of these companies are vegan and/or cruelty-free so beauties like us can partake in the eye game!
Palettes have an advantage to single eyeshadow colors. They usually follow a color scheme so you can custom design your look at an affordable price and they are travel-friendly.
Here are some palettes out there in the vegan and cruelty-free community.
- Viseart Eyeshadow Palette ($80.00) in Dark Matte are “rich shades to add an extra depth of color to any eye look. Navies and wines add definition to a smoky eye, while rich browns and oranges deepen golden and champagne eye looks”. This company has 6 other eyeshadow palettes for all styles (Neutral Matte,Bridal Satin,Sultry Muse, Paris Nude, Cool Matte, Bright Editorial). These products are not tested on animals, contain organic ingredients, and they are free of silicone, petrochemicals, and mineral oil.
- Red Apple Lipstick City Depth ($133.00) from their City Palette (City Matte, City Color, City Nude, City Stater) series “blends mattes with velvety shimmers to create a neutral palette that’s far from bland. This palette utilizes grey undertones to help you create stunning professional looks or sultry smokey eyes. Grey is the ultimate neutral, it pairs well with all hair colors and eye colors – you can’t go wrong”. Though expensive,reviewers have stated you will use all the colors to create 3 eye looks. All their palettes are vegan, gluten-free, corn-free, and GMO-free along with nasties that are removed!
- TARTE Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette ($45.00) has 12 unique colors to create any soft or sultry eye look. Best of all, all the colors are matte! Formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfates, & gluten this palette is amazing! I personally have this palette and love it! I am not a big fan with shimmer eyes for work so I wear these colors for my professional look.
- Pacifica Enlighten Eye Brightening Shadow Palette ($14.00) is budget-friendly and sexy. With “rich, lasting, creaseless eye shadows that are infused with coconut water for a velvety, cream-like finish” these colors can create a golden,purple smokey eye! But if you are looking for a blue smokey eye, try their Mystical Supernatural Eye Shadow. Formulated without: Phthalates, parabens, carmine, beeswax, lanolin, mineral oils, propylene glycol, petroleum and FD& C colors; Vegan and Gluten-free.
- Lily Lolo Smoke & Mirrors Eye Palette ($34.00) is an 8 pigment palette with shadows ranging from shimmer to matte textures. These soft colors can be used during the day, but can be built upon to make a more dramatic look for your night look. Lily Lolo also has another palette (The Laid Bare) if you are looking for a more neutral eye. Does not contain chemicals, bismuth, talc, or dyes (FD&C, Lake). It is also vegan, GMO-free, gluten Free, & organic.
Try an eyeshadow primer like Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance ($20.00) to intensify color and keep ceasing away.