Being a Women of Color, I have experienced a lot of heartache when choosing foundations. My foundations are either too light, too dark, too ashy, too SOMETHING. But my biggest problem is finding companies that carry my shade at all. Even though it is 2017, there are still companies that do not carry a diversity of shades or tones. To make matters worse, many vegan and cruelty-free lines do not even bother to add deeper colors, leaving Women and Men of Color little to no choice but to use foundations created funky chemicals.
But does that mean there aren’t ANY companies making shades for Women and Men of Color? OF COURSE THEY ARE!
Below are 20 companies I have researched or used that I believe have a lovely selection of shades to fit anyone and everyone.
* = VEGAN-FRIENDLY
- ELF Oil-Free Flawless Finish Foundation ($6)
- Wet N’ Wild Photo Focus Foundation ($6)
- Milani Smooth Finish Cream-to-Powder ($9) *
- NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation ($9.50)
- Black Radiance Color Perfect HD Mousse Foundation ($10)
- Shea Moisture Weightless Shea Serum Foundation ($15)
- Koyvoca Classic Cream-to-Powder Foundation ($16)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation ($25) *
- BodyShop Fresh Nude Foundation ($25)
- Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation ($28)
- Bareminerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum ($29)
- Gabriel Cosmetics Moisturizing Liquid Foundation ($29) *
- Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation ($35) *
- Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation ($36) *
- Plain Jane Beauty Creme Minerals ($36) *