Happy first day of Spring everyone!
Because it is the official first day of Spring, let’s throw away (or at least put away) our Fall & Winter makeup and get ready for the bright and warm weather.
I was inspired by the Harper Baazar article regarding Spring makeup trends for this year. Of course, I did a twist on this article and included vegan & cruelty-free options for the ethical makeup guru.
- Yellow-Gold Highlighters
- Yellow gold highlighters are perfect for darker skin tones. Like the title says, find highlighters that have a strong yellow undertone. The brighter, the better! Try Wet N Wild Megaglo Highlighter Powder in Golden Flower Crown ($5).
- Clumpy Mascara
- I was shocked to see this on the list because I thought clumpy mascara was a big no-no. However, clumpy mascara is coming back. To get the look use Urban Decay’s Troublemarker mascara ($24). Remember to allow the first layer to dry before applying more to get a bolder look. (Vegan)
- Orange-y Blush
- Now the article states peachy blushes are in, however, orange blushes look best on darker skin tones. Red Apple Lipstick’s Good Vibes Blush ($25) is the perfect blush for just that. Also, this blush was designed just for us! (Vegan)
- Pink Eyeshadow
- This one is a given! Anything pink is in for Spring. Try Lime Crime’s newest palette, the Venus XL, to pull off any pink look you can image. This 18 pan eyeshadow palette is retailed for $56. (Vegan)
- Teal Eyeliner
- Anyone with brown or darker eyes know that teal eyeliner makes your eyes pop! Teal is also an amazing color due to the fact it stands out against darker colors without looking muddy. NYX’s Retractable Eyeliner in Aqua Green is affordable and is rated high ($5).
- Nude Lip Stains
- One thing most people look forward to in Spring is wearing less makeup. However, you don’t have to be bare faced if you don’t want to, especially when it comes to lip products. Lip stains are a great way to pull off any color you want without constantly reapplying it. Nude lips are also in for Spring. Au Naturale’s su/Stain Matte Lip Stain in Mousse ($25) is the best of both worlds. (Vegan)