I always go on about how you should apply this to treat that, but I wanted to learn more about the relationship between food and certain skin conditions. It is great to have an amazing skincare routine, but it would be silly to eat poorly and expect great skin. So after I did some research, I made this little chart to show the link between food and minor skin issues.
As Hippocrates said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
Below are the references. Please, like always, do your own research in order to make the best decision for yourself!
- The relationship of diet and acne
- Vitamin A Fact Sheet for Health Professionals
- Here’s Exactly What Salicylic Acid Does to Your Skin
- Derma E Very Clear Acne Cleanser
- Dietary water affects human skin hydration and biomechanics
- Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging
- HOW HYALURONIC ACID BENEFITS SKIN
- Earth Science Maximum Hydration Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Avalon Organics Intense Defense with Vitamin C SHEER MOISTURE SPF 10
- Herbivore Jasmine Green Tea Balancing Toner