While I personally don’t wear faux lashes, I will admit I find them very beautiful; almost artistic for faux lashes can change your whole look in a matter of minutes. Now, being new to faux lashes, I just assumed that these lashes were cruelty-free. What else can they be made out of???
But sure enough, faux lashes are can be made from mink fur. While many companies stated their lashes are “cruelty-free mink lashes”, for these minks are free-ranging and are brushed daily to have their fur extracted. I find that hard to believe. So, it is better to be safe than sorry in this case.
While shopping for faux lashes, look for either synthetic materials or even human hair for realistic-looking lashes. Below are five companies who have ditched mink lashes for ethical-friendly ones.
- e.l.f. Flirtatious Luxe Lash Kit ($4)
- NYX Wicked Lashes ($5)
- Sugarpill Precious False Lashes ($7)
- Tarteist PRO Cruelty-Free Lashes – Flirt ($12)
- HAUT Cosmetics Bedhead Lashes ($14.95)
It has been 11 days since the official start of Spring. With that said, it is time to switch those dark eyeshadow palettes for bright colors that can be mixed and matched to create eye-catching looks this season.
- Juvia’s Place Nubian 2 Eyeshadow Palette ($35)
- Features 4 matte and 8 metallic shades
- Honeybee Gardens Party Girl Palette ($30)
- Wet N’ Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette Art in the Streets ($4)
- Kat Von D Pastel Goth Eyeshadow Palette ($38) VEGAN.
- NYX Cosmetics Ultimate Shadow Palette Brights ($18)
- Features 10 matte and 6 shimmer shades
Hello lovelies! I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays with family and friends; eating great food and creating new memories. With that said, as the new year is approaching, it is time to educate you all on mascara. Now, mascaras are a great way to create definition, volume, and length without the use of faux lashes. But not all wands are created equal.
I have created a handy guide to help you pick the right mascara for the occasion.
FINALLY! Urban Decay has stated on their Instagram that they are releasing a NEW palette to their line: the Naked Ultimate Basics. This new palette will feature 12 neutral matte shades for any day or night look. Personally, I am super excited for this palette. I work in a more conservative setting so bright and shimmery eyeshadows are a no-go. Thus, most of my eyeshadow palettes now are matte, so adding one more shouldn’t hurt! 🙂
- Blow- Light nude demi-matte
- Nudie- Soft pink-nude matte
- Commando- Light taupe-brown matte
- Tempted- Pale brown matte
- Instinct- Medium pink-taupe matte
- Lethal- Reddish brown matte
- Pre-game- Pale yellow matte
- Extra Bitter- Burnt orange matte
- Faith- Medium warm brown matte
- Lockout- Rich neutral brown matte
- Magnet- Smoky gray matte
- Blackjack- Warm black matte
This new palette will be release September 18th. Retail Price: $55! You can find this new palette on their website: Urban Decay. So make sure your browsers are ready because I have a feeling this palette will be sold out in 1 second!
With the hype of the neutral eye being ingrained in the everyday makeup routine, colored eyeshadows are left in the shadows (pun intended). Which is extremely sad since colored eyeshadows can add more depth and personality to your eyes.
I decided to find colored shadows for brown to dark brown eyes. The reason being: more than half of the world’s population has brown eyes and most individual with medium to deeper skin tones have a variation of brown eyes (i.e hazel). That is not to say people of darker skin cannot have blue, green, or gray eyes but because of the rarity I will stick to giving information for brown eyed people.
The best colors, BY FAR, that work well with brown eyes are blues, greens, and purples. Plus these colors look great on medium and dark skin so double win!
HINT: Determine your undertone. Cool to cool; Warm to warm.
- Lily Lolo in Blue Lagoon $12.00 (A Sparkly Medium Blue)
- Orglamix in Obsidian $11.10 (A Shimmery Blackened Blue)
- NYX Hot Single Eye Shadow in Dank $4.50 (A Satin Light Green)
- Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Khaki $4.49 (A Shimmering Dark Green)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Flash $19 (A Satin Finish Purple)
- Etherealle Eyeshadow in Belladonna $7.95 (A Matte Eggplant Purple Eyeshadow)
My grandma has them. My mom has them. And sadly, I am beginning to get them. However, I am obsessed with treating my dark circles with an eye cream and using healthier options to conceal them. My eyes are my favorite body part so I really want to keep the area looking young and beautiful.
Below are just 5 of the many different dark circle concealers floating about online. Personally, I have used TARTE’s concealer and found it to be one of my favorites. It is both moisturizing and highly-pigmented to hide any flaw.
Eyeshadow primers are, in my option, one of those products many people completely skip (I am very guilty of this time to time). But like a facial primer they are important! Eyeshadow primers are meant to keep your eyeshadow in place and make the color more pronounce. No one wants flaky, creasing shadow…
Below are some of the best eyeshadow primers out in the market. I listed the products from budget-friendly to splurging!
- Cheeky Cosmetics Organic Eye Shadow Primer $14.00 VEGAN.
- EMANI Magic Sealer $14.00 VEGAN.
- Gabriel Cosmetics Eye Primer $14.30 VEGAN.Comes in two colors (Neutral: all Skin Tones/ Warm Beige: Medium to Deep Skin/Warm Undertones)
- Lily Lolo Prime Focus Eyelid Primer $15.00 VEGAN.Buff shade will neutralise discolouration & give a clean eyelid look so that your eye shadow applies true to colour; Lemon shade will correct any dark areas while giving the perfect base
- Jane Iredale Lid Primer $19.50 VEGAN. Comes in three options.
- TARTE clean slate™ 360° creaseless 12-hr Smoothing Eye Primer $20.00 CRUELTY-FREE.
- TOO FACE Shadow Insurance Primer $20.00
- BECCA Eye Priming Perfector ™$24.00 Comes in two colors (Translucent Perfector works well with light to medium skintones, while Tinted pairs with medium to dark)
- BLINC Eyeshadow Primer $24.00 VEGAN. Comes in two shades (light tone for light skintones; flesh tone for medium to dark skin tones)
- COVER FX Anti-Age Smoothing Eye Primer $24.00 VEGAN.
I wear a winged tip every DAY! At work, when shopping around town, at the bars; I feel naked if I don’t create a classic cat eye. But with many styles and shapes out there, you can be very flexible about look you want to go for.
Felt-tip eyeliners are designed for precise application without tugging or smudging. Most tips are fine so when pressed lightly you can keep the shape simple; press harder you can have a bolder look.
Here are some amazing felt tip eyeliners out there! Listed from budget-friendly to splurging.
- Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eyeliner ($8.49) PARABEN-FREE.
- NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker ($9.50) PARABEN-FREE.
- Marchelle Double Precision Liquid Eyeliner ($14.95) GLUTEN-FREE. PARABEN-FREE.
- Bella Reina Waterproof Eyeliner Felt Tip Pen ($15.95) PARABEN-FREE.
- Bodyography On Point Liquid Liner Pen ($17.00) GLUTEN-FREE. PARABEN-FREE.
- Urban Decay Ink for Eyes Ink For Eyes Waterproof Precision Eye Pen ($20.00) VEGAN. PARABEN-FREE.
Continue reading “National Novel Writing Month Day 12: The Fall Trend: Graphic Eyeliner”
I remember when the Urban Decay NAKED palette hit the market. Every blogger and pinterest board out there had a tutorial about how to accomplish the perfect smokey eye. While Urban Decay (a cruelty-free and vegan company) has evolve their palettes, other companies have jumped on the bandwagon and created their own. Luckily, some of these companies are vegan and/or cruelty-free so beauties like us can partake in the eye game!
Palettes have an advantage to single eyeshadow colors. They usually follow a color scheme so you can custom design your look at an affordable price and they are travel-friendly.
Here are some palettes out there in the vegan and cruelty-free community.
- Viseart Eyeshadow Palette ($80.00) in Dark Matte are “rich shades to add an extra depth of color to any eye look. Navies and wines add definition to a smoky eye, while rich browns and oranges deepen golden and champagne eye looks”. This company has 6 other eyeshadow palettes for all styles (Neutral Matte,Bridal Satin,Sultry Muse, Paris Nude, Cool Matte, Bright Editorial). These products are not tested on animals, contain organic ingredients, and they are free of silicone, petrochemicals, and mineral oil.
- Red Apple Lipstick City Depth ($133.00) from their City Palette (City Matte, City Color, City Nude, City Stater) series “blends mattes with velvety shimmers to create a neutral palette that’s far from bland. This palette utilizes grey undertones to help you create stunning professional looks or sultry smokey eyes. Grey is the ultimate neutral, it pairs well with all hair colors and eye colors – you can’t go wrong”. Though expensive,reviewers have stated you will use all the colors to create 3 eye looks. All their palettes are vegan, gluten-free, corn-free, and GMO-free along with nasties that are removed!
- TARTE Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette ($45.00) has 12 unique colors to create any soft or sultry eye look. Best of all, all the colors are matte! Formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfates, & gluten this palette is amazing! I personally have this palette and love it! I am not a big fan with shimmer eyes for work so I wear these colors for my professional look.
- Pacifica Enlighten Eye Brightening Shadow Palette ($14.00) is budget-friendly and sexy. With “rich, lasting, creaseless eye shadows that are infused with coconut water for a velvety, cream-like finish” these colors can create a golden,purple smokey eye! But if you are looking for a blue smokey eye, try their Mystical Supernatural Eye Shadow. Formulated without: Phthalates, parabens, carmine, beeswax, lanolin, mineral oils, propylene glycol, petroleum and FD& C colors; Vegan and Gluten-free.
- Lily Lolo Smoke & Mirrors Eye Palette ($34.00) is an 8 pigment palette with shadows ranging from shimmer to matte textures. These soft colors can be used during the day, but can be built upon to make a more dramatic look for your night look. Lily Lolo also has another palette (The Laid Bare) if you are looking for a more neutral eye. Does not contain chemicals, bismuth, talc, or dyes (FD&C, Lake). It is also vegan, GMO-free, gluten Free, & organic.
Continue reading “National Novel Writing Month Day 11: Eyeshadow Palettes”
Pantone Inc. releases each season 10 colors to reflect the changes within the fashion industry for both men and women! Add one (or all!) of these colors to your cosmetic bag!