Oh my goodness! After hours of research, I have created an ultimate list of cruelty-free and vegan nail polishes! Happy shopping~ 🙂
♥ 100% Pure
♥ Adesse Nail Polish (100% Vegan)
♥ Adrianne K
♥ AILA (100% Vegan)
♥ Beauty Without Cruelty (100% Vegan)
♥ The Body Shop
♥ Chrome Girl
♥ Côte (100% Vegan)
♥ Dazzle Dry
♥ Deco.Miami (100% Vegan)
♥ Ella+Mia (100% Vegan)
♥ Floss Gloss (100% Vegan)
♥ Gabriel Cosmetics (100% Vegan)
♥ Gem Chronicles
♥ Ginger+Liz (100% Vegan)
♥ HABIT Cosmetics (100% Vegan)
♥ Hard Candy
♥ Honeybee Gardens
♥ Hula Polish
♥ Jin Soon (100% Vegan)
♥ Karma Naturals (100% Vegan)
♥ LACC (100% Vegan)
♥ L.A. Girl
♥ Lakur (100% Vegan)
♥ Lillian Eve (100% Vegan)
♥ LaPierre Cosmetics (100% Vegan)
♥ Lauren B. Beauty (100% Vegan)
♥ Little Ondine USA
♥ Luna Star Naturals
♥ LVX (100% Vegan)
♥ Manic Panic
♥ Milani Cosmetics
♥ Mineral Fusion
♥ Misa Cosmetics (100% Vegan)
♥ Mischo Beauty (100% Vegan)
♥ MODE (100% Vegan)
♥ Modish Polish (100% Vegan)
♥ NARS–Parent company DOES TEST on animals
♥ NCLA (100% Vegan)
♥ No Miss Cosmetics
♥ Nubar (100% Vegan)
♥ NYX Cosmetics
♥ Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (100% Vegan)
♥ Pacifica Beauty (100% Vegan)
♥ Palate Polish (100% Vegan)
♥ Pear Nova (100% Vegan)
♥ Piggy Paint
♥ Play Love Laugh (100% Vegan)
♥ Polish & Co.
♥ Pretty Serious (100% Vegan)
♥ Priti NYC (100% Vegan)
♥ RMS Beauty
♥ Scotch Naturals
♥ Sheer Lust
♥ ShOO Polish
♥ SOPHi (100% Vegan)
♥ Soulstice Spa
♥ Sparitual (100% Vegan)
♥ Sugarloom Cosmetics
♥ Suncoat Products (100% Vegan)
♥ Tenoverten (100% Vegan)
♥ Trustfund Beauty (100% Vegan)
♥ Wet N’ Wild
It is very convenient to match your fingers and toes. But why play it safe when you can have a combination with your mani & pedi?
- Textured & Solid. What is textured? Basically, a non-smooth finish. Ella+ Mila Nail Polish ($10.50) in Sunset Escape is a deep fiery orange with a bumpy texture when dried. For your toes, use a bright, creamy blue like LVX Nail Polish in Laguna ($18.00).
- Neon. The brighter-the better! Colour Raine Nail Polish in Drama Mama ($6.95) is a neon pink. To match, use a neon green like Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Polish in Deven Green ($10.00).
- Monochromatic. Mono- (Greek for “single, alone”) + -chromatic (Greek for “relation to color”). The goal is to find colors that are similiar, but not the same! Milani Color Statement Nail Lacquer in Imperial Purple ($3.99) is a violet while Zoya Nail Polish in Mira ($9.00) is a blue-toned, medium purple with dusty lavender tones.
- Pastel. Soft and muted colors look amazing on all skintones. Orly Nail Polish in Lemonade ($8.50) is a pastel cream yellow while Lillian Eve Nail Polish in Bliss ($12.00) is a soft plum cream.
- Complementary. If you remember art class, you probably remember the complementary colors (Red-Green; Blue-Orange; Purple-Yellow). These colors are naturally more pleasing together. For example, Furless Nail Polish in In Control ($12.00) is a bright red. Its conplementary color, green, is Sheswai Lacquer in Dig it ($10.00).
- Ivory & Ebony. My spin on the the traditional white and black combination, these are colors that off-white and almost black. Crabtree & Evelyn Nail Polish in Alabaster ($8.00) is described as a rich, creamy ivory with a bit of pearl shimmer. On the other end, Soulstice Nail Polish in Kiev ($8.00) is a deep garnet. It is so deep, the red, when applied more and more will appear black.
I use the Paula’s Choice 10 Steps to a Salon-Quality Manicure at Home for my nails. And what a big difference it has made!
So I wanted to share the step-by-step guide and add vegan or cruelty-free products to help you on your healthy nail journey.
Continue reading “Day 19: Step-by-Step Guide for Better Nails”
Though, I promote color over neutral sometimes a nude nail is more appropriate. Maybe you want to tone it down for work or a subtle color for a date–whatever the reason a nude nail is a nice change without going completely bare.
As followed, nude nails do have their rules to bring out the best in you!
- Medium Skintone
- Darker Skin
Continue reading “National Novel Writing Month Day 18:How to Find the Right Nude Nail Color”
We are a lucky bunch! We can pull off most colors in either light or dark, bright or subtle. Experiment and see which color matches your personality. Personally, I am obsessed with blues (maybe because my birthstone is the sapphire…).
- Red ⇒Bronzy skin must have a deep, dark red.
- Orange ⇒Lucky for us, we can pull off a true orange nail color!
- Yellow⇒ Neon yellows look great on you. Your dark skin being a lovely background for the yellow to stand out.
- Green⇒ Forest Greens, or any darker green, looks amazing on you.
- Blue ⇒ Your blues should be bright and bold. Cobalts are best for us!
- Indigo⇒ Indigos are wonderful colors. Because they are naturally dark and blend both blue and violet, these colors are a must.
- Violet⇒ Find purples that are deeper and darker. It is a great way to get a dark nail without using a straight black nail color.
ROY G. BIV–the classic way to remember the colors of the rainbow! Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet! I like crazy colors so I figured to share some colors that work well with medium skintone individuals.
- Red⇒ Just like finding your perfect red lipstick, stick to orange-like reds.
- Orange⇒This was difficult to research since medium skintones should stay away from true oranges. BUT! That doesn’t mean you can’t rock a bright coral.
- Yellow⇒ Again, this was difficult to find information regarding yellow. So based on other factors, find yellows that are warm if you are warmer toned and if cooler, stick to cooler tones.
- Green⇒ Find deep, rich greens so your nails pop!
- Blue⇒ Search from blues that are in the pastel range. Think Sky Blue or baby blue!
- Indigo⇒ On the darker side, navy-like colors look awesome on you.
- Violet⇒ Find a nail polish that is a grape color. But not too dark since deep, wine colors can make your nail bed look dull.
It’s has been about a week now and it’s time to remove that old polish! But before you grab your conventional nail polish remover; let’s learn what acetone is. Acetone, a common ingredient found in nail polish removers, is a colorless, volatile, flammable organic solvent. That’s right! It’s naturally occurring. It is found in small amount in plants,trees, or even blood. So why do people avoid it? Well, acetone is still a harsh chemical, especially when directly applied onto your nail. This can lead to drier, more brittle nails over time.
But you don’t need acetone to remove the polish. All you need is some alternative ingredients, such as different oils, to help lift the color from your nail, while still moisturizing your digits. Here are some vegan and cruelty-free nail polish removers to try!
- Honeybee Gardens Nail Polish Remover $9.99
- Enriched with horsetail extract to strengthen nails
- Fortified with vitamin E
- Fortified with aloe to soothe and protect cuticles
- Removes water-based and conventional nail polishes
- Vegan & Cruelty-Free
- Child safety cap
- Karma Naturals Soybean Oil Nail Polish Removers $12.00
- Vegan & Cruelty-free
- Comes in three scents (Lavendar, Tea Tree, and Unscented)
- Free of any petroleum ingredients
- Derived from farm crops (supporting American farmers)
- Packaged in 100% recyclable glass bottle
- SUNCOAT™ Plant Based Nail Polish Remover $12.00
- Vegan & Cruelty-free
- Plant-based–made from corn stock fermentation
- Enriched with vitamin E
- Removes water-based and conventional nail polishes
- Oil like consistency, will not dry or discolour nails
- EXO Pure Remover™ $15.95
- Designed to condition and repair your nails while it removes polish!
- Available in four natural scent (Lavendar, Mint, Orange, Unscented)
- Safe for natural nails, acrylic nails, and removes most gel polishes
- PRITI NYC Soy Nail Polish Remover $22.00
- 100% Biodegradable
- Derived from farm crops
- Comes in two scents (Lemongrass, Unscented)
- Can remove water-based or solvent-based nail polishes
- Has 2 oz. options ($13.00)
According to Pantone, Inc, a leading company in color development, Marsala can be identified as a red-brown wine shade that is rich and warm. In my opinion, a perfect color for the fall season. What better way to wear the color but to flash it on your nails?
Listed from budget-friendly to CEO-status!