Being a Women of Color, I have experienced a lot of heartache when choosing foundations. My foundations are either too light, too dark, too ashy, too SOMETHING. But my biggest problem is finding companies that carry my shade at all. Even though it is 2017, there are still companies that do not carry a diversity of shades or tones. To make matters worse, many vegan and cruelty-free lines do not even bother to add deeper colors, leaving Women and Men of Color little to no choice but to use foundations created funky chemicals.
But does that mean there aren’t ANY companies making shades for Women and Men of Color? OF COURSE THEY ARE!
Below are 20 companies I have researched or used that I believe have a lovely selection of shades to fit anyone and everyone.
* = VEGAN-FRIENDLY
Continue reading “20 Best Vegan + Cruelty-free Foundations for Women of Color”
Highlighting and contouring tutorials are everywhere on the web. Women of all shades have put their contouring skills to the test to help women bring out their best features. Nonetheless, I believe women with darker or deep skintones have a harder time finding the right contouring palette because most contouring shades either match their skin tone or are too light.
After searching and searching, I have found two palettes that seem promising to help women of bronzy skintones achieve the contour look.
- COVER FX Contour Kit $48
- Comes in 6 shades to fit women of all shades and undertones
- Great for dry Skin, but other skin types could use this (cream formula)
- Does not contain parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, triclosan
- Great for beginner to intermediate contour artists
- Comes with a nice guide to help learn about highlighting and contouring
- Only comes with 4 color pans
- May not be the best for oily skin or combination skin
- Does not has an option of refilling pans
- Anastasia Beverly Hills The Original Contour Kit $40.00
- Great for oily skin types
- Has an option for cream formula
- Great for beginners
- Comes with refilling pans
- Has three highlighters and three contouring colors
- Color options are limited to shades and not undertones (light-medium/medium-tan/tan-deep or fair, light, deep for the cream formula)
- Might be overwhelming with the 6 different color options–however can refill your palette for a more customed kit.
- Does not appear to have a guide
I personally think the COVER FX Contour Kit will be better choice. This kit has the option to better match your skintone and undertone something most contour kit lack for darker, deeper women and men.