Being a Women of Color, I have experienced a lot of heartache when choosing foundations. My foundations are either too light, too dark, too ashy, too SOMETHING. But my biggest problem is finding companies that carry my shade at all. Even though it is 2017, there are still companies that do not carry a diversity of shades or tones. To make matters worse, many vegan and cruelty-free lines do not even bother to add deeper colors, leaving Women and Men of Color little to no choice but to use foundations created funky chemicals.
But does that mean there aren’t ANY companies making shades for Women and Men of Color? OF COURSE THEY ARE!
Below are 20 companies I have researched or used that I believe have a lovely selection of shades to fit anyone and everyone.
* = VEGAN-FRIENDLY
Continue reading “20 Best Vegan + Cruelty-free Foundations for Women of Color”
Now that I am recharged from my Hong Kong trip, I wanted to discuss cheek color for us Black and Brown Babes!
Unlike lip color, coordinating your undertone to your blush color isn’t necessary. While you CAN match your undertone to your blush, just having an idea of your skintone is all you need to find the perfect color for you.
Because we are deeper in color, our blush should be brighter and bolder to stand out against our skin. If it is too light, the color can make you like clown-like and frankly, childish.
As the guideline follows:
Continue reading “8 CRUELTY-FREE Blushes For Black Women”
Eyeshadow primers are, in my option, one of those products many people completely skip (I am very guilty of this time to time). But like a facial primer they are important! Eyeshadow primers are meant to keep your eyeshadow in place and make the color more pronounce. No one wants flaky, creasing shadow…
Below are some of the best eyeshadow primers out in the market. I listed the products from budget-friendly to splurging!
- Cheeky Cosmetics Organic Eye Shadow Primer $14.00 VEGAN.
- EMANI Magic Sealer $14.00 VEGAN.
- Gabriel Cosmetics Eye Primer $14.30 VEGAN.Comes in two colors (Neutral: all Skin Tones/ Warm Beige: Medium to Deep Skin/Warm Undertones)
- Lily Lolo Prime Focus Eyelid Primer $15.00 VEGAN.Buff shade will neutralise discolouration & give a clean eyelid look so that your eye shadow applies true to colour; Lemon shade will correct any dark areas while giving the perfect base
- Jane Iredale Lid Primer $19.50 VEGAN. Comes in three options.
- TARTE clean slate™ 360° creaseless 12-hr Smoothing Eye Primer $20.00 CRUELTY-FREE.
- TOO FACE Shadow Insurance Primer $20.00
- BECCA Eye Priming Perfector ™$24.00 Comes in two colors (Translucent Perfector works well with light to medium skintones, while Tinted pairs with medium to dark)
- BLINC Eyeshadow Primer $24.00 VEGAN. Comes in two shades (light tone for light skintones; flesh tone for medium to dark skin tones)
- COVER FX Anti-Age Smoothing Eye Primer $24.00 VEGAN.
I have been waiting to write this article because I am addicted to blushes! I have found 2 cream blushes and 5 powder blushes in the shade: Marsala.
Budget to Splurge:
What are highlighters?
Highlighters are a product, along with contouring, that allows the wearer to add depth and dimension to the face. It gives the skin a “dewy” look, if applied correctly. If applied, incorrectly (i.e applied in areas of redness), highlighters can draw attention to these problem areas. So please! Use the appropriate foundation and concealer to give you a flawless appearance.
What should I look for?
As far as skin tones goes;
Continue reading “Highlighters for YOU: Oily Skin Verison”