Bronzers are an amazing product. You can use them as a blush, a contouring powder, a highlighter, or even as eyeshadow. However, some bronzers on the market are not designed for Women (and Men) of Color. These bronzers tend to be too light causing an ashy appearance on darker skintones.
These bronzers listed below are for darker-skinned beauties looking for a fresh look this Spring and Summer.
* = VEGAN-FRIENDLY
- Wet n’ Wild Color Icon Bronzer SPF 15 in Bikini Contest ($4)
- Colourpop Bronzer Bronze Me ($8) *
- Milani Baked Bronzer in Dolce ($9)
- Shea Moisture Illuminating Mineral Bronzer ($15)
- W3LL People Bio Bronzer ($22)
- Lily Lolo Bronzer in Honolulu ($26) *
- Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed ($28) *
- TARTE Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer in Hotel Heiress ($30) *
- Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer ($30) *
- 100% Pure Cocoa Pigment Bronzer Cocoa Glow ($35) *
The last article discussing lip colors for your skintone and undertone! Today, we are looking for the perfect pink lipstick.
Pinks are flirty and fun, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have an edgy side. You can wear pinks with any style and any occasion just like the reds. In my lipstick pile, I have about 4 different shades of pink!
So join the club by using the chart below to determine which pink is right for you!
If your skintone is within the range of medium to tan:
- and has a warm undertones like Kelly Rowland, select warm pinky-corals. Colourpop’s Lippie Stick in Rocket ($5.00) is a soft pink-coral that has a satin finish to make the color stand out against your skin.
- and has a cool undertone similar to Rosario Dawson, use the rule for the warm undertones, choose colors that are a mix of coral and pink but with cooler shade to them. Lime Crime’s Lipstick in Geradium ($18.00) is a neon coral-pink.
Now onto the dark to deep skin tones (like myself!):
- If your skintone is similar to Lupita Nyong’o with warm undertones, you want bright colors. You can totally rock them, since lighter colors might make you look ashy or dull. Stick to yellow or other warm undertones similiar to Ka’Oir’s lipstick in Mistress ($15.99); a deep hot pink.
- If your skintone is closer to Venus William’s and has a cooler undertone, cooler tones are better (duh!). Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipstick in Don’t Blink Pink ($1.99) is the cooler cousin of Ka’oir’s Mistress. Great thing about this lipstick–it is BUDGET-FRIENDLY!
Continue reading “National Novel Writing Month Day 10: Best Pink Lip Color for Your Skin Tone”
I have been waiting to write this article because I am addicted to blushes! I have found 2 cream blushes and 5 powder blushes in the shade: Marsala.
Budget to Splurge: