Hello lovelies! I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays with family and friends; eating great food and creating new memories. With that said, as the new year is approaching, it is time to educate you all on mascara. Now, mascaras are a great way to create definition, volume, and length without the use of faux lashes. But not all wands are created equal.
I have created a handy guide to help you pick the right mascara for the occasion.
I hope everyone had an amazing Day of Giving Thanks! I also hope for all the makeup beauties, after partying, washed those lovely faces before hitting the sheets.
It is essential to use makeup removers FIRST before proceeding to use your daily cleanser. This ensures that first layer of dirt and other nasties is removed before cleansing for the second time.
Now go shopping this Black Friday!
- S.W. Basics Makeup Remover $14.00 *
- Mineral Fusion Makeup Removing Oil Cleanser $18.99 *
- Thesis Rosemary Citrus Makeup Remover $19.95 *
- Verita Organic Argan Oil Makeup Remover $20.00 *
- Pacifica Kale Water Micellar Cleansing Tonic $12.00 *
- Captain Blankenship Blue Chamomile & Lemon Oil-based Cleanser & Makeup Remover $32.00
- Vapour Clarity Organic Makeup Remover $32.00
- FoxBrim 100% Natural Makeup Remover & Facial Oil $14.95
In the world of color-correcting concealers, Green is the #1 color. But why green? Well, most people from all walks of life might experience those annoying little red dots called pimples from time to time. In my case, I usually have one per week–so when I want to cover the redness, I pull out my handy green concealer.
Color-correcting concealers are great when flesh-tone concealers aren’t enough to give you a flawless look. As seen in my previous article about orange concealers, green concealers are great to have in your makeup bag when you have to neutralize red-based discoloration; either from acne or rosacea.
If you decide to try a color-correcting concealer, apply it before your foundation. This helps neutralize the redness. After applying your base, apply your flesh-tone concealer. Make sure you blend like crazy! You do not want the green to appear from under your foundation.
Now onto formula! Most concealers come in liquid or cream form but there are color-correcting primers and powders too. I personally like cream concealers. I use a concealer brush and apply how much product I want to apply. If you have larger areas of redness, I find green primers or powders to be better since they cover greater areas.
1. Want a cream? Try Orglamix Instant Clarity Concealer $15.00
2. Want a powder? Try Everyday Minerals Mint Jojoba Color Corrector $9.00
3. Want a wand? Try NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand $5.00
4. Want a primer? Try Mineral Fusion Color Correcting Primer $28.99
5. Want a stick? Try City Color Color Correcting Stick $5.99
I love oil blotting paper! I wear makeup every day–but sadly, I suffer from oily/combination skin. If I did not use oil blotting tissues, I will look like a wet mess!
Thank goodness some of my favorite cruelty-free brands have these miracle-making tissues!
- NYX Tea Tree Oil Blotting Paper ($6.00/100 sheets) is made from green tea powder and pulp to remove excess oil without distrubing your makeup. NYX has three other tissues to choose from (Green Tea, Matte, and Fresh Face).
- Mineral Fusion Shine-Free Blotting Tissues ($7.99/100 sheets) are made from 50% Abaca leaf and 50% soft wood pulp. Abaca leaf is considered a natural fiber that is not only fine so it wouldn’t remove your makeup but also strong so you can remove more oil.
- 100% Pure Anti Bacterial Wood Pulp Oil Blotting Paper ($8.00/50 sheets) is made from wood pulp & hemp oil. Hemp oil has been shown to help all kinds of skin issues. Therefore, these tissues are safe for all skin types.
- Tatcha PETAL FRESH Original Aburatorigami ($12.00/30 sheets) is made from Abaca leaf and gold flakes. Listed as fragrance-free and powder-free.
- Jane Iredale Facial Blotting Paper ($11.00/100 sheets) is interestly made from organic flax seeds, which keeps your skin super soft.
Happy November 1st (November 2nd for me)!
I am going to start National Novel Writing Month to talk about facial moisturizers for your skin type.
Moisturizing is key to great skin. No matter what your skin type is, facial cleansers strip the skin of essential oils and protection. Just like choosing the best wash, finding the correct moisturizer is important to the health and improvement of your skin. Below are some facial moisturizers for all skin types!
Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Oil Control Lotion
Organic Chamomile and Lavender Oil are formulated with the natural antiseptic properties of Tea Tree Oil to help soothe and calm skin, even while improving texture and clarity. Heavy on hydration and easy on your pores, this lightweight moisturizer controls oils and leaves a matte finish so your skin looks refreshed and healthy. Vegan. Gluten-Free. Cruelty-Free. Paraben-Free. No Artifical Fragrances or Dyes. No Animal Derived Ingredients. No Petroleum Compounds. No SLS PEGS, PPG, MEA, DEA or TEA Glycols Phthalates. PURCHASE HERE $12.99
Nourish Organic Ultra-Hydrating
Organic Face Cream
This rich, creamy formula replenishes moisture, softens skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Moroccan Argan oil intensely hydrates and replenishes, pomegranate firms and protects the skin from environmental damage and acai fights fine lines and reduces signs of stress and fatigue. Fragrance-Free. Gluten-Free. Vegan. PURCHASE HERE $22.99
Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Daily Calming Moisturizer
You’ll be turning others green with envy from that gorgeous glow emanating from your sensitive skin! Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Daily Calming Moisturizer delights your skin with an extra dose of proteins and nutrients to purify and regenerate your complexion – while enhancing its natural healthy glow with gentle, fast-absorbing hydration. Go on, get out there show off that wonderful gleam and paint the town…green!99.6% Natural. Petroleum, SLS & Paraben-Free. Creulty-Free. PURCHASE HERE $14.99
Mineral Fusion Skin Balancing Facial Moisturizer
Lightweight Rosehip Oil and nutrient-replenishing Mineral Water provide ideal hydration for normal skin types. Gluten Free. Vegan. Paraben Free. Cruelty Free. No Artificial Color. No Phthalates. PURCHASE HERE $22.99