In the world of color-correcting concealers, Green is the #1 color. But why green? Well, most people from all walks of life might experience those annoying little red dots called pimples from time to time. In my case, I usually have one per week–so when I want to cover the redness, I pull out my handy green concealer.
Color-correcting concealers are great when flesh-tone concealers aren’t enough to give you a flawless look. As seen in my previous article about orange concealers, green concealers are great to have in your makeup bag when you have to neutralize red-based discoloration; either from acne or rosacea.
If you decide to try a color-correcting concealer, apply it before your foundation. This helps neutralize the redness. After applying your base, apply your flesh-tone concealer. Make sure you blend like crazy! You do not want the green to appear from under your foundation.
Now onto formula! Most concealers come in liquid or cream form but there are color-correcting primers and powders too. I personally like cream concealers. I use a concealer brush and apply how much product I want to apply. If you have larger areas of redness, I find green primers or powders to be better since they cover greater areas.
1. Want a cream? Try Orglamix Instant Clarity Concealer $15.00
2. Want a powder? Try Everyday Minerals Mint Jojoba Color Corrector $9.00
3. Want a wand? Try NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand $5.00
4. Want a primer? Try Mineral Fusion Color Correcting Primer $28.99
5. Want a stick? Try City Color Color Correcting Stick $5.99