It is very convenient to match your fingers and toes. But why play it safe when you can have a combination with your mani & pedi?
- Textured & Solid. What is textured? Basically, a non-smooth finish. Ella+ Mila Nail Polish ($10.50) in Sunset Escape is a deep fiery orange with a bumpy texture when dried. For your toes, use a bright, creamy blue like LVX Nail Polish in Laguna ($18.00).
- Neon. The brighter-the better! Colour Raine Nail Polish in Drama Mama ($6.95) is a neon pink. To match, use a neon green like Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Polish in Deven Green ($10.00).
- Monochromatic. Mono- (Greek for “single, alone”) + -chromatic (Greek for “relation to color”). The goal is to find colors that are similiar, but not the same! Milani Color Statement Nail Lacquer in Imperial Purple ($3.99) is a violet while Zoya Nail Polish in Mira ($9.00) is a blue-toned, medium purple with dusty lavender tones.
- Pastel. Soft and muted colors look amazing on all skintones. Orly Nail Polish in Lemonade ($8.50) is a pastel cream yellow while Lillian Eve Nail Polish in Bliss ($12.00) is a soft plum cream.
- Complementary. If you remember art class, you probably remember the complementary colors (Red-Green; Blue-Orange; Purple-Yellow). These colors are naturally more pleasing together. For example, Furless Nail Polish in In Control ($12.00) is a bright red. Its conplementary color, green, is Sheswai Lacquer in Dig it ($10.00).
- Ivory & Ebony. My spin on the the traditional white and black combination, these are colors that off-white and almost black. Crabtree & Evelyn Nail Polish in Alabaster ($8.00) is described as a rich, creamy ivory with a bit of pearl shimmer. On the other end, Soulstice Nail Polish in Kiev ($8.00) is a deep garnet. It is so deep, the red, when applied more and more will appear black.
I use the Paula’s Choice 10 Steps to a Salon-Quality Manicure at Home for my nails. And what a big difference it has made!
So I wanted to share the step-by-step guide and add vegan or cruelty-free products to help you on your healthy nail journey.
Continue reading “Day 19: Step-by-Step Guide for Better Nails”
According to Pantone, Inc, a leading company in color development, Marsala can be identified as a red-brown wine shade that is rich and warm. In my opinion, a perfect color for the fall season. What better way to wear the color but to flash it on your nails?
Listed from budget-friendly to CEO-status!