Some people are born lucky. These people can use the same skincare products from their teenage years all the way until their 70’s and beyond. My mom is one of these lucky people. She has been using the same Clinique products as long as I can remember and still looks amazing.
However, while this works for her, the products I use my teenage years don’t and can’t match my skin now in my 20s. I once had oily, acne-prone skin, now I am leaning more towards combination with occasional breakouts. My once favorite skincare products are just too harsh. But thankfully, with the rise of women and men creating and purchasing skincare products, there are items out there to address all kinds of skin concerns.
Below are just some of the various skincare products available for all ages!
While in your 20s, your hormones should be calming down from your awkward puberty days. However, now what is left are dark spots and an oily, persist T-zone. To help combat these problems look for products that are meant to ease the occasional breakouts and fade those dark spots.
- Cleanse:Lotus Moon Mineral Earth Cleansing Gel $38.00 *
- Exfoliate:Lush Dark Angels $13.95-$33.95 *
- Day Moisturize:Coola SPF 30 Unscented Moisturizer $32.00
- Night Cream:MURAD Essential-C Night Moisture $65.00
They say, “30s is the new 20s.” But with that said, your skin maybe telling a different story. Dryness will start creeping up on you. Stop dryness by finding hydrating moisturizers and soothing scrubs to buff away dead, dull skin.
- Cleanse: Osea Ocean Cleanser $44.00 *
- Exfoliate: Thesis Facial Scrub West Indies with Poppy Seeds $22.95 *
- Day Moisturizer: Andalou Naturals Ultra Sheer Daily Defense Facial Lotion with SPF 18 $14.95 *
- Night Cream: Juara Beauty Sweet Black Tea & Rice Facial Moisturizer $55.00
Aging is a blessing. But there is no shame in keeping wrinkles and age spots away. In your 40s, your skin is losing collagen, a protein that keeps your skin’s elasticity tight. While this is just part of nature, a healthy diet and a strong skincare routine may slow the process.
- Cleanse: MyChelle Refining Sugar Cleanser $25.00 *
- Exfoliate: 100% Pure Organic Matcha Anti-Aging Antioxidant Smoothing Scrub $45.00
- Day Moisturizer: Avalon Organics Intense Defense with Vitamin C Sheer Moisture SPF 10 $14.40 *
- Night Cream: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Anti-aging Moisturizer $11.99
When it comes to aging, it is but a number. Starting a good routine in your 20s, 30s, and 40s, will greatly help your skin when you are in your 50s and beyond. The main concern now is just keeping your skin smooth and fading away wrinkles. Look for products designed for mature skintypes or have BHA/AHA ingredients to regenerate your skin.
- Cleanse: Tata Harper Refreshing Cleanser $78.00
- Day Moisturizer: Derma E Age-Defying Antioxidant Moisturizer SPF 15 $39.95
- Night Cream: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Overnight Cream $68.00