Being a Women of Color, I have experienced a lot of heartache when choosing foundations. My foundations are either too light, too dark, too ashy, too SOMETHING. But my biggest problem is finding companies that carry my shade at all. Even though it is 2017, there are still companies that do not carry a diversity of shades or tones. To make matters worse, many vegan and cruelty-free lines do not even bother to add deeper colors, leaving Women and Men of Color little to no choice but to use foundations created funky chemicals.
But does that mean there aren’t ANY companies making shades for Women and Men of Color? OF COURSE THEY ARE!
Below are 20 companies I have researched or used that I believe have a lovely selection of shades to fit anyone and everyone.
* = VEGAN-FRIENDLY
Continue reading “20 Best Vegan + Cruelty-free Foundations for Women of Color”
ROY G. BIV–the classic way to remember the colors of the rainbow! Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet! I like crazy colors so I figured to share some colors that work well with medium skintone individuals.
- Red⇒ Just like finding your perfect red lipstick, stick to orange-like reds.
- Orange⇒This was difficult to research since medium skintones should stay away from true oranges. BUT! That doesn’t mean you can’t rock a bright coral.
- Yellow⇒ Again, this was difficult to find information regarding yellow. So based on other factors, find yellows that are warm if you are warmer toned and if cooler, stick to cooler tones.
- Green⇒ Find deep, rich greens so your nails pop!
- Blue⇒ Search from blues that are in the pastel range. Think Sky Blue or baby blue!
- Indigo⇒ On the darker side, navy-like colors look awesome on you.
- Violet⇒ Find a nail polish that is a grape color. But not too dark since deep, wine colors can make your nail bed look dull.
Pantone Inc. releases each season 10 colors to reflect the changes within the fashion industry for both men and women! Add one (or all!) of these colors to your cosmetic bag!