Being a Women of Color, I have experienced a lot of heartache when choosing foundations. My foundations are either too light, too dark, too ashy, too SOMETHING. But my biggest problem is finding companies that carry my shade at all. Even though it is 2017, there are still companies that do not carry a diversity of shades or tones. To make matters worse, many vegan and cruelty-free lines do not even bother to add deeper colors, leaving Women and Men of Color little to no choice but to use foundations created funky chemicals.
But does that mean there aren’t ANY companies making shades for Women and Men of Color? OF COURSE THEY ARE!
Below are 20 companies I have researched or used that I believe have a lovely selection of shades to fit anyone and everyone.
* = VEGAN-FRIENDLY
Continue reading “20 Best Vegan + Cruelty-free Foundations for Women of Color”
Bronzers are an amazing product. You can use them as a blush, a contouring powder, a highlighter, or even as eyeshadow. However, some bronzers on the market are not designed for Women (and Men) of Color. These bronzers tend to be too light causing an ashy appearance on darker skintones.
These bronzers listed below are for darker-skinned beauties looking for a fresh look this Spring and Summer.
* = VEGAN-FRIENDLY
- Wet n’ Wild Color Icon Bronzer SPF 15 in Bikini Contest ($4)
- Colourpop Bronzer Bronze Me ($8) *
- Milani Baked Bronzer in Dolce ($9)
- Shea Moisture Illuminating Mineral Bronzer ($15)
- W3LL People Bio Bronzer ($22)
- Lily Lolo Bronzer in Honolulu ($26) *
- Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed ($28) *
- TARTE Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer in Hotel Heiress ($30) *
- Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer ($30) *
- 100% Pure Cocoa Pigment Bronzer Cocoa Glow ($35) *
Hello lovelies! I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays with family and friends; eating great food and creating new memories. With that said, as the new year is approaching, it is time to educate you all on mascara. Now, mascaras are a great way to create definition, volume, and length without the use of faux lashes. But not all wands are created equal.
I have created a handy guide to help you pick the right mascara for the occasion.
Eyeshadow primers are, in my option, one of those products many people completely skip (I am very guilty of this time to time). But like a facial primer they are important! Eyeshadow primers are meant to keep your eyeshadow in place and make the color more pronounce. No one wants flaky, creasing shadow…
Below are some of the best eyeshadow primers out in the market. I listed the products from budget-friendly to splurging!
- Cheeky Cosmetics Organic Eye Shadow Primer $14.00 VEGAN.
- EMANI Magic Sealer $14.00 VEGAN.
- Gabriel Cosmetics Eye Primer $14.30 VEGAN.Comes in two colors (Neutral: all Skin Tones/ Warm Beige: Medium to Deep Skin/Warm Undertones)
- Lily Lolo Prime Focus Eyelid Primer $15.00 VEGAN.Buff shade will neutralise discolouration & give a clean eyelid look so that your eye shadow applies true to colour; Lemon shade will correct any dark areas while giving the perfect base
- Jane Iredale Lid Primer $19.50 VEGAN. Comes in three options.
- TARTE clean slate™ 360° creaseless 12-hr Smoothing Eye Primer $20.00 CRUELTY-FREE.
- TOO FACE Shadow Insurance Primer $20.00
- BECCA Eye Priming Perfector ™$24.00 Comes in two colors (Translucent Perfector works well with light to medium skintones, while Tinted pairs with medium to dark)
- BLINC Eyeshadow Primer $24.00 VEGAN. Comes in two shades (light tone for light skintones; flesh tone for medium to dark skin tones)
- COVER FX Anti-Age Smoothing Eye Primer $24.00 VEGAN.
Pantone Inc. releases each season 10 colors to reflect the changes within the fashion industry for both men and women! Add one (or all!) of these colors to your cosmetic bag!
Article #2 about this year’s color: Marsala! This time I found lipsticks to spice up your fall or winter look!
Budget to Splurge: