Bronzers are an amazing product. You can use them as a blush, a contouring powder, a highlighter, or even as eyeshadow. However, some bronzers on the market are not designed for Women (and Men) of Color. These bronzers tend to be too light causing an ashy appearance on darker skintones.
These bronzers listed below are for darker-skinned beauties looking for a fresh look this Spring and Summer.
* = VEGAN-FRIENDLY
- Wet n’ Wild Color Icon Bronzer SPF 15 in Bikini Contest ($4)
- Colourpop Bronzer Bronze Me ($8) *
- Milani Baked Bronzer in Dolce ($9)
- Shea Moisture Illuminating Mineral Bronzer ($15)
- W3LL People Bio Bronzer ($22)
- Lily Lolo Bronzer in Honolulu ($26) *
- Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed ($28) *
- TARTE Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer in Hotel Heiress ($30) *
- Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer ($30) *
- 100% Pure Cocoa Pigment Bronzer Cocoa Glow ($35) *
Like other cosmetics, it is important to know your skin type (along with your skin tone!). One blush type may work for your friend but it may not work for you. Save your time and money and check out the chart displaying which blushes work for your skin type!
- For Oily/ Combination Skin: Powders work best on us! Liquid-type blushes make us look even oilier. So try Silk Natural’s mineral powder in Afterglow. It is a peachy pink color with gold shimmer. This color works for all skin tones and undertones.
- For Dry Skin: Unlike oily skin, powders aren’t your friend. Stick to more moisturizing, liquid blushes such as 100% Pure Cream Blush in Peachy.
- For Normal Skin: You are lucky! You can choose ANY blush type.
- For Sensitive Skin: Follow the rule if your skin is more oily, normal, or dry but be more mindful of unknown ingredients. W3LL PEOPLE creates products free of artificial preservatives, parabens, chemicals, dyes, fragrance, silicone, dimethicone, pthalates, sulphates, petroleum, talc, bismuth oxychloride, and nanoparticles! Try their Purist Blush Powder in number 63, a luminous apricot tone.