Being a Women of Color, I have experienced a lot of heartache when choosing foundations. My foundations are either too light, too dark, too ashy, too SOMETHING. But my biggest problem is finding companies that carry my shade at all. Even though it is 2017, there are still companies that do not carry a diversity of shades or tones. To make matters worse, many vegan and cruelty-free lines do not even bother to add deeper colors, leaving Women and Men of Color little to no choice but to use foundations created funky chemicals.
But does that mean there aren’t ANY companies making shades for Women and Men of Color? OF COURSE THEY ARE!
Below are 20 companies I have researched or used that I believe have a lovely selection of shades to fit anyone and everyone.
* = VEGAN-FRIENDLY
Continue reading “20 Best Vegan + Cruelty-free Foundations for Women of Color”
Bronzers are an amazing product. You can use them as a blush, a contouring powder, a highlighter, or even as eyeshadow. However, some bronzers on the market are not designed for Women (and Men) of Color. These bronzers tend to be too light causing an ashy appearance on darker skintones.
These bronzers listed below are for darker-skinned beauties looking for a fresh look this Spring and Summer.
* = VEGAN-FRIENDLY
- Wet n’ Wild Color Icon Bronzer SPF 15 in Bikini Contest ($4)
- Colourpop Bronzer Bronze Me ($8) *
- Milani Baked Bronzer in Dolce ($9)
- Shea Moisture Illuminating Mineral Bronzer ($15)
- W3LL People Bio Bronzer ($22)
- Lily Lolo Bronzer in Honolulu ($26) *
- Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed ($28) *
- TARTE Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer in Hotel Heiress ($30) *
- Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer ($30) *
- 100% Pure Cocoa Pigment Bronzer Cocoa Glow ($35) *
Hello lovelies! I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays with family and friends; eating great food and creating new memories. With that said, as the new year is approaching, it is time to educate you all on mascara. Now, mascaras are a great way to create definition, volume, and length without the use of faux lashes. But not all wands are created equal.
I have created a handy guide to help you pick the right mascara for the occasion.
You are all done with applying your makeup. Everything is looking great, but you want to keep it that way as long as possible. A great way to keep your makeup in its place is grab your handy-dandy setting spray! Each spray is slightly different from each other but most will soften your complexion, hydrate your skin, or mattify oily skin.
With a great primer and setting spray, you are all set to go!
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Makeup Setting Spray $30 Vegan. All Skin Types.
- Coola Makeup Setting Spray SPF30 $36 Cruelty-free. All Skin Types.
- Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 $28 Cruelty-free. All Skin Types.
- Wet N’ Wild Photo Focus™ Setting Spray $4.99 Cruelty-free. All Skin Types.
- Jane Iredale Pommisst HYDRATION SPRAY $29.00 Vegan. All Skin Types.